About A Girl's Best Friends Pups
I have always had a love for animals. As a child, I used to constantly find stray animals and bring them home. Eventually, my parents relinquished the fight and allowed me to keep many stray animals such as kittens, puppies, rabbits, hamsters and even a small bird.
My dream was always to become a vet. But circumstances didn’t allow me to pursue that dream. However, my love for animals never wavered. Years later when in College I rented a room from some family friends. They lived on a farm and bred Yorkies. It was during this time that I got my first experience with whelping and raising puppies. During this year I developed my understanding and passion for puppies and realized that puppies are a best friend…better than Diamonds. And also realized I wanted to pursue an avenue that allowed me to become an integral part of animals’ lives on a daily basis.
A few years later I bought my first dogs (not rescues this time.) They were a Miniature Pinscher and a Chihuahua. I loved them and they were my sidekicks for over 10 years. Unfortunately, many years later we realized my husband and oldest son were horribly allergic and I had to rehome the loves of my life. I was heartbroken. But I had a passion for pets and I was determined to find some way to have my dream and my family come together once and all! That’s when my research brought me to Basenjis. Besides having my children, they have been one of the biggest adventures and cherished companions of mine and my family’s lives.
Six months later, after a lot of research, calls and disappointment I was finally able to find out first baby, Coco. She came from New York, was a ball of happiness and little did we know at the time but our lives would and have been forever changed. A few months later we found Benji and Nahla in Russia. A lot of paperwork and red tape and a few months later we happily welcomed them at Pearson Airport.
Our latest family member is Rocco. We recently welcomed him into our family. He is a black and white, male Basenji. His fur is like silk and he’s a different demeanour than the rest of our little guys. It’s so different to see a black and white face when we look at our babies instead of a red and white face. He’s still very playful as he is still in his puppy phase. He a big ball of energy. We hope you love him as much as we do!
We hope to continually welcome new Basenji family members into our home as well as help them whelp and raise their gorgeous and captivating puppy litters. We finally met Coco’s first litter in November 2021 and look forward to our future Basenji babies and introducing them to our amazing families.
We would also love to welcome you into our family. We appreciate that you took the time to stop by our site and consider trusting us with your future fur babies!
Lots of love from our family to yours,
- Every Basenji pup is sent home with a starter kit to help both you and your furry addition get adjusted to and comfortable in their new home.
- You will receive the following on pick up day:
- One healthy, socialized, loving 8-week-old, purebred Basenji pup.
- One record of pups 8-week-old vaccinations.
- A letter stating your pup is in good health, signed by our vet.
- A blanket that has been in our puppy area and has mama’s scent on it.
- Enough food for about a week of your puppy’s feeds.
- A birth certificate detailing puppies time and date of birth, as well as some important details about their birth.
- A “puppy package” which includes print outs of important upcoming vaccinations, details on what you need to buy for them, some training tips, etc.
- A folder with our company logo that will organize and contain all these items together for you.
- Looking forward to introducing you to your new family member soon!
Caring for a Basenji pup is just like raising a child that needs our unwavering love and attention. At “A Girl’s Best Friends Pups!”, we only breed purebred, loving, and healthy puppies. All of our puppy families share the same passion and devotion to the breed as we do. Looking forward to welcoming you to the family.